Cinder & Scarlet

Cinder and Scarlet by Marissa Myer

It wasn't 6 months this time, but still FAR too long!! I am super sorry! I'm in another musical, and it's not as time consuming, but still. I also have end of year testing within the next month, so I'm also busy with that. Anyways....
The series I just finished was The Lunar Chronicles. The first and second are the only ones out at this point, with the fourth and fifth on their way!! These books are sy-fy (some of my fave!) and take place in the future where cyborgs and Lunars are shunned!
 After WW4, the world was in ashes. It was built back up and consisted of 6 countries that have formed a union. When Cinder, a cyborg and mechanic, falls for a prince, her step-sister catches the deadly plague, and the evil moon queen Levena declares war on Earth, what else can she do but try to save the world? She goes to the ball in her sister's tossed aside gown to warn the prince~now emperor ~ of the queen's plan, but it goes horribly wrong, and the queen finds secrets about Cinder, that she didn't even know herself.

Scarlet is about a girl with red hair, hoodie, and a farm. When Scarlet's grandmother goes missing with her ID chip cut out, and portscreen left behind, something is up. The police give up the search for the woman they believe is crazy, she goes alone. Well, not alone. She becomes friends with a shy street fighter named Wolf. What she doesn't know, he has a secret. This book also follows Cinder who meets a crazy, uptight "Captain" Thorne. He has a stolen American ship, all they have to do is get to it. They make a plan to find Scarlet's grandmother themselves (for reasons that would be spoiler!!) Instead, they find a hurt and broken Wolf and fiery haired granddaughter.

Pros

  • I LOVED that they were based off of fairytales!!
  • The Characters are amazing! Some I love and others, I love to hate!!
  • It was well written and everything was perfectly described.
  • I loved the idea of the ID chips. They use them like keys to open doors, to pay for things like a debit/credit card, and more!!
  • I liked how the romance started budding as soon as they (I bet you can guess) met!!
  • I liked how it was set in Asia and NOT in America or U.K. like most books from the U.S. (where I'm from, it may be different where you live) (& yes, Scarlet was based it France, but that was new as well)

Cons

  • I didn't like how Dr. Erland was on the side of crazy (it made me sad)
  • I thought the history and the countries should've been explained more.
  • I didn't like who and why they died. (If you've read the book, you know what I mean)
  • I also didn't like how the author didn't explain much about the Character's appearances. 

I promise I will do one in a week or two!! I can't wait until the 4th book comes out next year!

~RM~

Comments