Princess Academy

Princess Academy


 Let me just say this, I'll never ever dislike any of Shannon Hale's books. Ever. 

     Pros
  • I absolutely love the plot to the story. It's original and interesting. It has just the right amount of suspense and adventure, romance and trials. 
  • Most people would think that this book is like any other best seller with a female lead who overcomes her trails, she falls in love with somebody unexpected, and does something big and unexpected. But that's because those people don't dig a bit deeper, and look at the little details. The little details are what makes a story a story.
  • I love the characters and their unique personalities. Like Britta, Kartar, Peder, and Miri!
  • I would have to say my favorite thing would be the quarry speech. It's very interesting and unique to this story. It's like the mockingjay to Hunger Games, or artifacts to Matched.
  • I love the way it ends!! (no spoilers here!!) It doesn't leave you hanging at all! It puts the reader at a place where they have questions, but they can sit comfortably until they can get their hands on the second book.
  Cons (has a spoiler in con # 2!) 

Honestly, this book didn't have very many cons, but it does sadly. :(
  • I think the chapter where the thieves come, I think it could be a little more interesting than sitting in the bedroom held captive and then the villagers showing up to save the day. I wish that part was more suspenseful and longer.
  • I wish something more had happened between Peder and Miri at the end other than that small kiss on the cheek, a dance, and holding hands.... (told ya it was a spoiler) 

Thanks for bearing with me!! Hoped you like the book as much as I do (I've read it at least 10 times). Please comment to tell me your own opinions on the book, ideas of books to read, things to add, or even just to comment, whatever floats your boat :)

Comments