Princess of the Midnight Ball

Soooooo....Last Post


It says that last time I posted was a year ago. FALSE! It was 6 months ago... I feel bad, mostly because I read about 6 books a week!

I've been doing a musical for a community theater group, and haven't had time to do anything! I have auditions for another show on Friday, and if I get in, I promise I will post!!

Anywhoooo...the book(s) I just read is called Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George. The only reason I say book with an S is because I read the whole series...I LOVE her!!



Pros

  • I Love the concept of using 12 Dancing Princesses, and working off of that story as a base.
  • The unexpected twist at the end with Lily and Heinrich! Wow! Never saw that one coming! (No spoiler)
  • Really well written. Described every character and place perfectly leaving me room for imagination.
  • The book switches between two characters (Galen and Rose) Love the concept of both sides of the story.
  • You know the background knowledge of the characters without giving you their life stories, again leaving room for imagination.
Cons (hard for me)
  • I wish the ending didn't come so suddenly. I mean, one second they're escaping, then the next they're getting married? Confused me...
  • I wish the author put a pronunciation guide at the beginning. She put one at the end, but I got very confused and probably didn't say half the names wrong.
  • I absolutely did not like Galen's uncle. I know he's supposed to not be the nicest guy, but seriously, I thought he was going to hurt his wife or punch through a wall half the time! Geez...he needed a chill pill!!


Hopefully my next review will actually be within the next week and not in six months, and I'll leave you to review the next two books for yourself! Princess of Glass    Princess of the Silver Woods

                                      ~RM~

Comments