A few days

Alrighty, I have been SUPER busy with this production I'm in. Tonight is closing night, but I'm going to be in a few parades the next week for the 4th, so it won't be another week or so until I can really read anything. I'm going to Bear Lake in two weeks, so I'll have LOTS of time to read and blog!! 

Speaking of the show... 


Saturday, I was in a parade, had a matinee, then another show at 7. I was so overheated Saturday night, I missed a few of my scenes and had to sit out :(  It was awful. Then there was a kidnapping scare. A van pulled up to two of our youngest cast members (ages 12 and 11) The men in the van offered the boys cool water and AC if they got in. Luckily, they are very smart boys and ran. The younger one (Mikey) ran and told his mom immediately who called the police. Jayden (the older boy) hadn't told anyone, so nobody knew he was with Mikey until his mom (who's our tech person) came backstage crying. We stopped the show five minutes after intermission to do a cast role call. Our very youngest cast member (who's 9 and about 4' 6") wasn't accounted for. There were people on their knees praying and his brother (who's 15) started crying. He was found about five minutes later in the bathroom. We started the show again like nothing happened. I'm LDS like most of my cast (I live in Utah) so we had a cast prayer, and nothing happend the rest of the night, and it was probably our best performance of all.
Opening night, a girl hit herself in the face with a frying pan, and had to go to the ER in the middle of the show. She was at the parade and shows the next day, but was an intense experience.

Hopefully tonight goes better. 




P.S. If you live in the Salt Lake Valley, closing night is tonight for our production of Robin Hood: Tales of Ye Merry Wood. (7500 S. 455 West, Midvale, 84047) Or check out SVYT at www.svyt.org


~RM~

Comments