The 5th Wave

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


Sorry, I know it's been over a month since I've last blogged. School has started up and I'm taking all AP and honors classes, and I've also been trying to keep up my own writing. In other words, I'm super busy! 
I recently read The 5th Wave. I have been into Syfy books a lot lately. It is an alien book and really violent (it's war, what do you expect?), but it's fantastic and I HIGHLY recommend it! The plot and ending are just full of twists, and honestly, at the end of each chapter, I thought the book was going to end a different way, but was proven wrong by the next chapter! Loved it!

(And yes, I'm positive that it's the first and ONLY book in the series.)

"After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.
Now, it's the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from the Others. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth's last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie's only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up."




I don't think the first summary is very good, so I took another summary from a friend.



"Cassie is on a quest to save her younger brother after they have been separated from each other during the 4th Wave.  Cassie’s family, like so many other families, has been decimated, leaving her entirely alone.  As she navigates the dangerous and deserted middle United States, she encounters a young man named Evan who might turn out to be her personal savior, or her biggest nightmare.  In the meantime, her first crush – Ben Parish- has been taken to a secure military base, where children between the ages of 6 and 16 are being trained as soldier-warriors.  They are given the tools they need to identify the enemy and the skills they need to end them.  But, in the end, the question of “who is the enemy?” turns out to be much more complicated than anyone could have imagined and the answer brings Cassie and Ben racing toward each other and toward the same goal, though they don’t even know it."

This truly is a book that I would go see the movie to, though, like I've said before, I rarely go see movies based off of books.

~RM~

Comments