Ruby Red Trilogy

Ruby Red

Sapphire Blue

Emerald Green

by Kerstin Gier


16 year old Gwyneth has an odd family history. A time-traveling gene that runs through her family was supposed to go to her cousin Charlotte, but when Gwen starts taking unexpected trips to the past, she realizes that Charlotte was preparing herself for something that'll never come. With her time-traveling partner Gideon, she has to learn all that her cousin has prepared for in a lifetime in only a few short days. It doesn't help that Gideon, though obnoxious and a know-it-all, is a girl's dream prince who rescues her sorry butt more than once.





After only a few days of knowing she's the Ruby, a member of time-traveling Circle of Twelve. Her cousin Lucy and Gideon's cousin Paul have stolen the original Chronograph so now Gwen has to travel through history collecting drops of blood from the other members of 12. Though, nobody has told her any of the secrets or mysteries of her family's past, nobody in this secret society trusts her with them, and Gwyneth can't even tell if Gideon trusts her. Even if he doesn't, she can't help but fall for him. Hard.






Nobody will give Gwen answers, no matter how many times she asks. After traveling back to meet the founder of the Circle of Twelve, she suspects he's up to something. Of course though, nobody believes her except Lesley, her best friend. When she tries to tell her time-traveling partner, Gideon, of her suspicions, she learns that he's probably been using her the whole time. She takes matters into her own hands to stop the count and discover the mysteries and secrets of the circle. Gwen may even discover her own fate and destiny.






Okay, so I read this trilogy in 2 days, and for 2 reasons: A) They are such fabulous books! and B) It's obviously about time-travel, so it can get really confusing if you think too much into it, so I had to read them non-stop in order to get myself to concentrate on the book I was reading so I wouldn't get confused.
I don't normally read books about time-travel 'cause they tend to hurt my head, but it was a well thought-out book and answered most of your questions by the end, though when I was done with the third book, I wanted to scream. There was one or two things that the author had not thought of answering and they were the two things I wanted to know the most. One of my favorite things though was that her family was made-up of a bunch of crazy red-heads. I say this every time I write; every book needs a crazy, spirited, wise red-head.
Another time-traveling book I love (though probably more for 10-13 y/o's) is Found by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Comments